View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 06:54 AM   #35
fatlazyless

Toyota pickup trucks, the mid-size Tacoma from about ten years ago are infamous for needing the frame, where it surrounds the steering column, replaced due to a rusted out frame, there.

Is maybe a problem with other pickups, too?

Good reason to better go to Buskey's in Ashland for the Woolwax anti-rust stuff. How much do even used hi-mileage pick-up trucks cost ....... a lot ...... pick-ups do not depreciate too much.

Even though the website says it is an automatic, www.youngsautosales.com in Laconia has a 2009 Toyota Tacoma xtra cab, 2-wheel drive, 5-speed manual, dark gray with 151,000-miles for $8000. Forgot to ask if they also charge a dealer prep fee? Like, who the heck in their right mind would pay $8000 for an eleven year old pickup with 151,000-miles. I do not get it but it is very tempting and is definitely my type of a vehicle ...... find a truck cap that fits from somewhere, and paint it dark gray to match.

In 1984 I buy an identical Toyota pick-up, brand new, for about $4200! ...... and it had those small triangle side vent windows which were excellent, but no longer exist.

This Youngs website does not want to work ...... probably has a rust problem ..... just like the Toyota.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-10-2020 at 08:13 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote