View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 03:23 PM   #17
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
I would never stop asking with the service writer. There was the Service Manager, and then the owner. Then on to Toyota and work your way up the corporate chain.

Again, if you're happy having bought 40+ extra quarts of oil, all the more power to you.

Dave
It's more like 100-150 qts of 2.88-Walmart oil ...... or something ..... do not keep count ..... it definitely made me into a regular at the Plymouth Walmart ..... plus there's lots of other stuff in that there store, besides motor oil ..... ha-ha-ha

Like I said, I'm am at least 50% to blame for my engine excessive oil problem and should have got more aggressive at Irwin's to get the needed engine repairs ...... like ...... I could have punched the service writer guy in the nose ,...... slammed his head down on the counter ..... and thrown him against the wall ...... hey buddy ..... you give me my Toyota engine, excessive oil use recall ..... or else!

Oh well ...... have had this Scion xB since May 2014, 210000-miles and it still runs ok .......despite a hit & run and despite the Irwin service writer bad ass treatment .... and despite replacing 3/4qt of oil with every gasoline fill-up.

I can tell by the sound of the engine when it needs another 3/4 qt which is basically at every single gasoline fill-up.

One time, I forgot to replace the oil filler cap on the top of the valve cover and drove for about four days with no cap. Upon lifting the hood at the next gas fill-up to check the oil level, my standard procedure, the cap had been held in place for four days, between/under the hood and the front vinyl/metal area in front of the radiator ..... no lost cap ...... and the engine only lost one quart of oil .... which was blasted all over everything, on the engine and everywhere under the hood, there, a big, big oily mess!

Say hey ..... maybe I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree ...... but I am definitely well oiled! .....