View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 01:52 PM   #14
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
If you have put up with it since 2014, you have no complaint. You should have been knocking on Irwin's door for warranty service. Shame on you!!!!!

Dave
On or about July 25, 2018, with the mileage at about 149,750-miles I pursued a warranty claim on this long-running oil consumption problem with Bob Abbott, service manager at Irwin Toyota. I walked up to their service desk and started talking with him about it.

He asked me where I had the car serviced and I said for the first 25,000-miles I took it to the Irwin quik-lube because the oil changes were freebies that came with the new car purchase. After that I said I took it to the Plymouth Walmart for oil changes and tires.

He asked to see the car registration and ran the vin in his computer. I explained what was happening with the excessive oil use, and he said something like it's not unusual for a car like this to use up oil and need more oil.

I asked him about the silent Toyota recall for this Camry style 4-cylinder engine in the Scion xB and he said it was for older cars like the Corolla from before 2010 and not for my car.

I tried ....... he listened ..... it went no-where ...... and that was that.

This car, a 2013 Scion xB, purchased new in May 2014 now has 210,000 and still runs pretty good on its 5-speed stick. Just yesterday after filling up at the Exit-25 Citgo, it needed an entire quart of the $2.88 Walmart 5w-20.

That's the way the banana peels ...... sometimes, you win ..... sometimes, you lose, and sometimes, you get rained out.

Bob is a good guy and right now is helping my car with a Toyota Scion defective air bags replacement recall with Irwin replacing the original air bags. Maybe he was in a bad mood or something on that day, or maybe he was not too pleased with me going to Walmart. He asked me if I ever got the oil changed after the 25,000-mile free oil changes were used up?

With the oil consumption problem, it seems like someone here or there, or maybe two someones, both here and there, both dropped the ball.