View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #13
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
I wonder if my 210,000-mile 2013 Scion xB 5-speed with a best price trade-in value of $500, up from $300, has an engine chain or a belt. It is what I drive?

It actually still drives pretty good, set it at 65-66-67-68-69-70 mph cruise control, is best to blend speed, for the right lane, Rt-93 ..... and it goes good. No highway breakdowns, yet.

For a highway or roadway breakdown around here, Buskey's Auto in Ashland, 603-968-7044 is who I'm gonna call for a flat bed truck, tow-a-way, back to Buskey's Garage in Ashland, Exit-24, where they will fix the problem. You get to hang out in their front waiting area with hot coffee and Halloween style, pumpkin cup-cakes for 2-hours or so ..... or take a walk up the hill to the Ashland Public Library.

This 2013 Scion xB with a Camry style 4-cyclinder engine, or something, has always had an oil consumption problem. At every gasoline fill-up, forever, I need to add about 3/4 quart of the $2.88 Walmart 5w-20 oil, and it has been like this since i bought it, brand new in May-2014 from Irwin Toyota. There are absolutely no oil drips under the car, so where does the oil go? It must go out the exhaust, or somewhere?
If you have put up with it since 2014, you have no complaint. You should have been knocking on Irwin's door for warranty service. Shame on you!!!!!

Dave