View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 11:06 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Question ..... a RE-CONSTRUCTED title?

Am thinking about buying a black 2011 Scion xB 5-speed w/71,000-miles for $5500 from Carlos in Windham, NH, about 80-miles away ..... a private seller ..... and the sale listing says it has a re-constructed title?

Monday morning, February 12, 2020, 9-am in Plymouth NH, a bright sunny morning with big snow banks plowed onto the sides of the roads from the overnight snow fall of about one foot, newly fallen fresh, high quality snow ..... and the bright sun made all the new snow look so very very snow sunny beautiful.

Allstate Insurance in three days time, mailed me a check for $1930 to repair the side doors damage on my 2013 Scion xB with about 198k miles after some old local guy turned left from the River Rd onto Rt-3/25 heading north, slowly, into Plymouth and smacked my car, broadside, pushing it deep into the new soft snow bank, and left the scene ..... a hit & run ..... with me yelling and chasing his car down the road on foot, trying to read his NH license plate .... as he accelerated and took off, north, towards downtown Plymouth, NH.

Put the $1930 in my pocket and never repaired the two pushed in, down low, door damage on right side. I kinda like the look ..... all pushed in and beat up .... and both doors still open and close. This car now has 210,000-miles on the 'riginal 4 spark plugs and continuous belt. After applying a five dollar container of Bondo to the hit & run damage openings on one door, Valvoline Oil Change in Laconia which is actually a very strict, totally by the rules $50-State Inspection station gave me a new state inspection sticker, good for 12-months, on or about September 25, 2020. The Valvoline insection guy says it will not pass inspection with these two or three small openings, and it needs to get repaired and closed up. It also needed two new wiper blades, and one new yellow light bulb, marker light.

I recommend Valvoline Oil change in Laconia for their $50 honest and thorough, by the rules, State Inspection, plus they do light bulb and continuous belt installations, as well.

The Plymouth Police very shortly thereafter, located the hit & run vehicle, parked at the Plymouth Senior Center, and that's the last I heard about it, or from anyone, except for the $1930 from Allstate ..... which is fine with me?

Ok, so on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 at 11-am, I am scheduled to drive 80-miles to Windham, NH to look at Carlos' 2011 Scion for $5500 which has a RE-CONSTRUCTED TITLE.

Am I out of my mind to drive the 80-miles back and forth what with this RE-CONSTRUCTED TITLE, or what?

Next step: ask Carlos for the VIN 17-digit number, and spend the 25-dollars, or whatever it costs, to get a thorough CARFAX Report.

Found Carlos's 2011 black Scion xB in www.cargurus.com ...... which is new to me and seems to be a very POTENT tool for looking for a used car. Maybe, it is too potent?