View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 10:29 PM   #15
CowTimes

We installed Mitsubishi mini splits in our house and it was the best money we could have spent. We had (and still have) central a/c on the second floor, and had just a wall unit a/c on the first. We couldn’t do central on the first floor without massive work for ducts. And I was concerned as well about the appearance. But you get used to it and they’re not as bad as you think they will be. When the 2nd floor system goes, we’ll replace that with the mini splits. That’s how much we like them.

They are so much better than central air. They don’t come on and off like the central does—instead just a steady amount of air to maintain the temperature. You don’t even hear them or the outdoor unit at all. And we save probably $1,500 a season on oil heat (after factoring the electricity cost) by using them as our primary heat and only use the oil if it gets really cold, below zero.

I don’t know the dealers up at the lake, but if you do the Mitsubishi, go on the website and find the “diamond dealers” in the area (I think it means they are certified by Mitsubishi). I forget the details, but if their diamond dealers install them, you get a longer warranty, I think it was from 10 to 12 year warranty, so an extra two years.
CowTimes is offline   Reply With Quote