View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #8
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Not a complaint, just an observation.

To your first point, and not being argumentative, if the camp cannot operate safely or provide adequate safe guards in place in time to open how is it a renter can in their place assuming that they themselves should conduct themselves to the same standards? Consider a renter has to import all those "safety" mechanisms. Never mind pointing out the where did they come from, a place already with a high concentration of virus so this just invites them to spread it? What an outrage (rolling my eyes the sarcasm of my statement)

To your second point that is a reality however interesting that an organization from out of state can pull that feat off and bring in enough kids\adults or whatever to make it viable.

Frankly I don't care - I just find it ironic that those that wag their finger at everyone you must wear a mask you must social distance, you must comply turn a blind eye to allowing a group of individuals from who knows where to operate a camp that would otherwise be closed and possibly not allowed where they come from. It's not just here either, the AMC three mile island facility is supposed to be closed yet they continue to operate and just this morning brought a boat load of people over. Just interesting how it's a matter of do what I say not as I do.
It's significantly different taking a group in for one week than running a whole summer. For example, I take my father-daughter group to Cody every year. We have about 30 people and share the camp with an MIT or similar program that has about 50. To do that week, Cody has no more than 5 people on staff because each group does all but cook and do maintenance.

Compare that to a week at Cody during the summer, when there are way more cooks, cleaners, activities staff, waterfront staff, boating staff, welcome/hospitality staff, etc.

I'm sorry if my tone was adversarial—just pointing out that it's not as "bad" as your original post sounded like you were making it out to be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app