View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:53 PM   #6
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
The issue is two-fold, but neither of what you're complaining about: 1. The cost to provide safety vs. the cost to operate the facility and 2. The likelihood that many families would pull their kids, leaving camps in the lurch.

For example, Scout camps were a go until a survey showed that as many as 50% of the parents might not send their scouts if the "safety mechanisms" were inadequate. The problem at the time, mid-June—only a couple weeks before the start of camp—was that the camps didn't even really know what they'd have to do. It was a mess.

Now that the guidelines are set, camps can rent to groups that can/want to meet those, but it's far too late to create a summer program.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Not a complaint, just an observation.

To your first point, and not being argumentative, if the camp cannot operate safely or provide adequate safe guards in place in time to open how is it a renter can in their place assuming that they themselves should conduct themselves to the same standards? Consider a renter has to import all those "safety" mechanisms. Never mind pointing out the where did they come from, a place already with a high concentration of virus so this just invites them to spread it? What an outrage (rolling my eyes the sarcasm of my statement)

To your second point that is a reality however interesting that an organization from out of state can pull that feat off and bring in enough kids\adults or whatever to make it viable.

Frankly I don't care - I just find it ironic that those that wag their finger at everyone you must wear a mask you must social distance, you must comply turn a blind eye to allowing a group of individuals from who knows where to operate a camp that would otherwise be closed and possibly not allowed where they come from. It's not just here either, the AMC three mile island facility is supposed to be closed yet they continue to operate and just this morning brought a boat load of people over. Just interesting how it's a matter of do what I say not as I do.
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: