View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #82
Winni

Default Post Script

One more note to Mr. Wilson...do hope you don't have a microwave oven in your house! Just think of the damage we must be doing by just about every structure in America having a microwave oven! Remember when they first came out how we were warned fiercely about the health risks? Yeah...and that's why just about everyone has one in their home/office/RV/school/restaurant/etc. today. They didn't go away and neither are cell phones going away, regardless of how much so-called-safety hype Mr. Wilson is spewing forth in his "Baysider" article. Sure, maybe the earliest, earliest microwave ovens had some leakage, but we're way past that stage with cell phones and cell towers.

I would so much like to get rid of the $60 - $70 land line charge I pay in addition to our $70 per month cell phone charge, but I can't. I can't because I need/choose to have and use a cell phone (for safety as well as convenience) and have no service at my home. I wouldn't need a land line phone if I did.

Addtionally and again, I will not be swayed by the naysayers on the safety issue. People who cause accidents due to talking on their phones while driving (anything) are being stupid, reckless people. People who are using them inappropriately in restaurants and other public places are being rude and thoughtless.

It's not the cell phones that are having poor judgement. Gosh, if that were true, because motorcyclists chose not to wear helmets, perhaps we should prohibit the use of motorcycles in NH....hey, now there's an idea worth pursuing! Oh yes, and all that noise, trash, and congestion (not to mention the ten deaths this year!) they generate during Motorcycle Week, well that's the motorcycles' fault, right, not the drivers?! (Just making a point; don't blast me for an analogy!)