View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #81
Winni

Default Get over it and get on with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
Link to photo that Winni placed above...
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...1&d=1149557303

Winni:
Not sure if you've seen this week's Baysider. Here's what Russ Wilson had to say (in part) concerning this photo....

More adequate cell phone coverage would be nice, however, I reiterate my position, like Russ Wilson I say
In response to Russ Wilson's comments:

First: The whole "threatening the health and well being of the residents" argument is just baseless and has been addressed elsewhere in this forum. Also, if you want to talk "health", think about the fact that trees, like the ones ripped down for lines on poles, are what process the CO2 we all emit. So, do you really want to get into the "health" argument?

Second: If you don't think that picture is "affecting any view", then you're living in a different state than I am! I think that view, especially of the large swath of forest torn up the side of the mountain, is significantly more offensive than the 10' that the Alton cell towers would be sticking up above trees. Who cares if they are electric or phone lines? Tearing up the hillside for lines on the land is much more offensive to me. I find it particularly offensive as I'm driving toward the North Country anticipating a view of beautiful mountains.

Third: This marring "Alton Bay's scenic vistas" argument is really getting ridiculous. Should we not allow Gunstock to exist because it needs a tower on top due to flight paths? This is really about a couple people's individual property values. We actually don't even know if they will decrease. Hey, someone who wants to buy them may just come along and say, "I get great cell service here so I can work from home! Hurrah!"...and it will increase the value! (No sillier an argument than how much it will ruin Alton's views in my opinion.)

All joking aside, the studies have been done; the arguments have been made. Read through the forum and stop rehashing the same stuff over and over. We need cell coverage and this is the best, if not perfect, way to get it. In a year or so no one will even notice these towers are there.

Honestly...once again I ask, shall we all go back to kerosene lanterns and messenger pigeons so we can rip down all the ugly poles and lines covering massive amounts of our state and every roadway in it?