View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 06:08 PM   #79
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts

Link to photo that Winni placed above...
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...1&d=1149557303

Winni:
Not sure if you've seen this week's Baysider. Here's what Russ Wilson had to say (in part) concerning this photo....
Quote:
In reference to the courtesy photo that accompanied the June 22nd editorial sheet, a picture is worth a thousand words, this time just one "deception." The cell tower depicted here opposite exit 28 on Route 93N is not in a residential area threatening the health and well being of the residents. Secondly, its location is off and next to a major highway, not affecting any view shed or devaluing anyone's property. Finally, those supposed "landlines" referred to in the photo are in actuality high tension electric power transmission lines and not telephone landlines used for communication. Local government has no control over their placement. They are federally mandated and exempt from local zoning. Local governments do, however, have some control over the siting and appearance of cell towers. Alton Bay's scenic vistas need not be marred to provide adequate cell service!
More adequate cell phone coverage would be nice, however, I reiterate my position, like Russ Wilson I say
Quote:
Alton Bay's scenic vistas need not be marred to provide adequate cell service!