View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 05:38 PM   #72
Winni

Red face Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
Winni: I noted in today's Baysider that they posted a photo in the Letters section that looked mysteriously like the one you posted above in this thread.

There was also a rather interesting letter to the editor that began something like this....

Anyway, I digress...

You never got back to us about what went on at the hearing the other night?

McD
Ahhh...it is a mystery isn't it??? Since they did not print my name, I guess I can fess up and say, "Yes, I did submit that picture to 'The Baysider'." I was very pleased they printed it, though I did not expect them to print my comment. My comment was to them. When I sent the picture, I said they could use it only if it was used to make the following point....but they quoted me anyway. I wasn't paying attention to grammar, etc., as I would have had I been writing an editorial, but I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it helps make the point!

As for the hearing...oh, this is SOOOOO bad! First, I haven't been on the forum at all for days until just now and only read this one post of yours, mcdude, so I'm not caught up with what is being said. I was in Boston the past few days.

[An aside: if you can possibly get to see the "Americans in Paris" exhibition of paintings at the MFA, you must. It will absolutely take your breath away. Our son and girlfriend are members, so we were able to go during the MFA member's preview for free. How lucky are we!!!]

As for the hearing, I will have to control my desired use of four letter words. I cannot even tell you how mad I was. Keep in mind this process has been going on for TWO, yes, that's 2!, years. Once again, they made the public wait around and canceled the meeting about 25 minutes after it was due to start. There were two members of the ZBA missing, so they did not have a quorum. You think maybe they could have told us all that at the beginning???

I felt bad for the company and their lawyers. They travelled 3-1/2 hours to get to the non-meeting. Then, the contractor asked if they could get the balloon test done ahead of time in preparation for the next meeting, as he knew they would ask him to do it before any decision could be made, and, of course, they said, "No." Such silliness this whole political business is most of the time!

Here's the rub, however. Kathy M. was the town planner. I do not know if she resigned, was asked to resign, or was fired. I do know that she had a heart of lead and I don't think I've ever seen the corners of her mouth even slightly turn up. I've had trouble with her in the past on other public non-profit projects, so I'm just as glad to see her go.

Now, put these facts together. She was the one asked to poll the Planning Board and the ZBA for last Tuesday's Public Hearing Meeting. She knew ahead of time the two ZBA members (who happen to be in favor of the towers, by the way) could not make the meeting that night. She clearly knew that would cause them to not have a quorum. She apparently didn't inform anyone of this ahead of time. She also made no attempt to tell the public the meeting would not be at the town hall, but rather at the high school. Hmmm...draw your own conclusions....

So, the saga continues. I have no idea when the next meeting is to be or any further info. However, if anyone knows why Kathy M. is so abruptly "gone", I'd be interested!

BTW, this week's editorial was signed, and not by me.