View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #53
Winni

Default Bottom Line?

Hmmm...okay are you going to keep us guessing or "fess up"??? MP, EMT, Police, Fire..."what" are you? Does your avatar give us the answer?

You make some excellent points, Skip. Yours is the first post that really explained a lot of the issues I did not understand or have not learned about. All I can relate is what I have observed, however. I am the first to admit I have a lot to learn about all this.

As for the accident at my house, all I can tell you is what I saw. What I saw was frustrated emergency personnel whose cell phones did not work. As I have said before, I was very busy with helping and during some of the time I was even in my cellar where some of the injured were being treated (and bleeding all over my floor as well!). So, what they may or may not have done in addition to trying to use their cell phones, I cannot attest to. I did notice the cell phones they did try did not work, however, and the policeman even asked to use my land line. I just cannot tell you why because I don't know. So, please folks, let's stop debating this portion of the issue. It happened and I know no more; okay?

From the meetings I attended and from what I've read over, it appears the engineering studies were not all done by people hired by the company wishing to build the towers. I do believe third party engineers were called upon by the ZBA to do unaffiliated studies. The company may have been asked to foot the bill, but I do think there were some third party engineers doing studies in addition to the company's own.

While I can't attest to knowledge of how other options than these towers work, the fact remains that if no one is willing to build them because they are too expensive, the purpose will still not be accomplished. Isn't that the bottom line?