View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:06 PM   #52
Winni

Default No disagreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves
Skip of SQ writes:
I am saying that even though the "wave of the future" or "the time is at hand" for cellphones, in a marine environment they have a much more limited use (value) than a Marine radio.
I am not disagreeing with you at all!
------
Sorry, mcdude, I don't know about any other cell towers besides the proposed ones. The engineering studies considered all available sites on the southern part of Lake Winnipesaukee. The only places that would give 100% coverage, (yes, less the usual drops we all experience regardless of where we are), are the two going before the joint boards on June 20th at 6:00 pm. There were numerous other sites considered, but no other combination of available sites would provide coverage to all of Alton Bay, Alton, and much of the (lake) area just north of the mouth of Alton Bay.

That being said, if these two give this much coverage, I hope there would be no need for any further towers anywhere around the perimeter of Alton Bay. And, as I've mentioned previously, many cell companies could have presence on these towers thus eliminating a tower for every company. So, if the engineering studies are to be believed, I think this should be it for cell towers.