Thread: Jet Ski Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 02:47 PM   #34
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
To follow up here, I will be ordering a '20 GTX 170 but now, as I'm beginning to budget for the summer, I'm starting to think about how I'll acquire the fuel. I'm only a few minutes from Ambrose Cove Marina on the water, which would be the best option, but they're always expensive—$4.09 most of last season.

Given that I can tow the ski a couple miles down the road to the gas station, I'm wondering if I should be planning on doing that—at ~$2.30/gallon I'd be buying my costs in half.

I'd want to use an ethanol neutralizer/stabilizer, but that only looks to add ~$.16/gallon which would still be much cheaper.

Is there anything else added to "marina" gas that would justify the added cost?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Given where you are on the lake my guess is your at Arcadia campground, or you going to be storing you ski on the trailer? Jet ski's are light on gas, my suggestion is to tow it to the gas station and fill it up. Or by five gallon tank, and fill it up, sitting on the trailer, where ever you store it. This is how I keep my costs down.... I have 5 cans, I fill them up and then fill the boats up, with a siphon at my dock...