View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 12:11 PM   #46
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Seasonal homes are a business. You can't vote anymore than Walmart can vote. And, if you vote at your (primary) residence, then that's your vote-- you can't vote in two places.
On the other hand, it appears I could live on my boat as a tenant at a local marina and vote if I declared that as my primary residence. People live year round on boats elsewhere, most often on salt water where boats do not come out of the water seasonally. (There are local marinas where boats stay wet all year.)
I doubt the local marina's are zoned for year round permanent residency... most are no doubt zoned commercial/resort with restrictions. But it is an intriguing thought.

Bottom line in this whole mess is that NH's "no income tax" structure works for NH residents, not out of state property owners. So if you are an out of state property owner you have 3 choices.... become a NH resident and give up whatever tax advantage you may have in your home state, or sell your NH property, or perhaps just be happy that you have the means to have 2 homes.

Woodsy