View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #32
DoTheMath

Default Awesome!

Love that video ATD, great edit w/ the music overlay! Also love the Whaler, looks to be a "Rockland" 13SS, best 13's ever made, (had the same one - with a 40hp - on the lake as a kid). The spotter thing kills me, give it up people, it was a perfectly clear sunny day, in April, with NO ONE ELSE ON THE WATER, anywhere! He wasn't being reckless, he wasn't hurting anyone or running over a family of Loons, he was having some fun, life is short, lighten up folks!

I have LOTS of great memories from summers on the lake as a kid and adult, not all involved going to Our Lady Of Victory in Ctr. Harbor for Sunday Mass. I worked for one of the marinas in the channel some years ago (90's era) during school breaks, summer and winter. We were prepping some new boats for a boat show in Boston one January winter and I got to run one up and down the channel - as the rest of the lake was frozen solid - WOT. Not too many people can say they have done that, it was a (freezing-cold) blast, and NO ONE / no-thing got hurt or negatively impacted during that. The lake used to be such a different place, everyone respected everyone else, you got the friendly wave all the time, you could do things like this and not illicit the stink-eye from others. Today everyone feels they have some sort of "obligation" to speak up and be the rule police. Jeesh...
Attached Images

DoTheMath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DoTheMath For This Useful Post: