View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 04:08 PM   #34
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Major, I don't know you. You are not an important factor in my life and thus I don't care about your opinions enough to like or dislike you. But I will say this, the impression that I have of you based on your own words here on this forum, is that you are one of the most binary personalities here. No judgement, just an observation.
The difference is that I don't think anyone is WRONG. They have an opinion that is different than mine. That's okay, after all, it's still America, at least for now.

My primary concern with all of this nonsense is how easy as a society we gave up our civil liberties for essentially, let's face it, was a really bad flu season. We tolerate risks of many kinds each and every day of our lives, yet this particular risk was unknown and pounced upon by our media and our social media to create a frenzy. For as many people who got sick and died, we created irreversible harm to millions of millions of Americans who essentially have to press a reset button on their lives when this is over. As data is obtained, we are learning that this virus particularly effected old people and people with preexisting conditions. What we should have done was insulate these people while the rest of us work. However, that decision has been made. We need to now open the economy. I wish our governor had the courage of Georgia's governor.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: