View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #11
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by This'nThat View Post
Rather than assuming Secondcurve has a gloom and doom mentality, assume he wants information, and treat the question as a teaching opportunity. I think it's a legitimate question, and would prefer to see how experienced sledders deal with this possibility, instead.
Well maybe I misread the tone of the question but the added "It certainly is a long way from home" comment leads one to believe he is asking it in a tsk tsk manner. My bad I guess.

Secondcurve if you actually read my post I added substance... I'll re-quote for you.

"I'm sure these folks have survival items with them, (Phones, Provisions, Mathces, etc.) I'm pretty sure we can give them the benefit of the doubt here that they actually planned ahead. Not too say that the unexpected couldn't happen."

To spell that out more plainly. If you take a trip like that you do need to plan ahead and pack some necessities. I was with a gentleman this weekend who told me an interesting story. He and his brother were up in the middle of nowhere snowmobiling. Essentially they got lost and both ran out of gas. It was late and it was "the middle of nowhere." So they lit a fire and stood outside in the cold until dawn. Somebody finally came along on a sled and rescued them.

Sorry I thought most of this might be common sense?
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote