View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
What the heck?

What happens if your car breaks down in the middle of upstate Maine? What happens if your boat breaks down 45 miles off shore? What happens if your plane breaks down at 35,000 feet?

No offense Secondcurve but what were you looking for with that question? There is risk associated with every outdoor activity. I mean I'm half kidding with you here but what a doom and gloom mentality you have there.
I'm sure these folks have survival items with them, (Phones, Provisions, Mathces, etc.) I'm pretty sure we can give them the benefit of the doubt here that they actually planned ahead. Not too say that the unexpected couldn't happen. Should they have not gone then?
It was a serious question. If my car breaks down in the middle of Maine I call Triple A. If my boats breaks down 45 miles offshore I call Sea Tow. If my plane breaks down at 35,000 feet I hope I am flying with Sully the pilot who touched down in the Hudson. It isn't a gloom and doom question, but rather a practical question that anyone taking an 1800 mile trip must consider. Do you have anything of substance to add?
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote