Thread: Pan handling?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 05:49 AM   #32
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,162 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
$50 an hour to stand out in a strip mall parking lot, why is that more shameful than selling time-shares or many other un-attractive employments? People give what they want, isn't this America?
If someone buys a time share they know what they are getting and make a choice about the purchase. Phonies begging on street corners, playing on the sympathy of others, are just scamming people and that is wrong in many forms.

Several years ago I was mowing the lawn at a rental I owned. The tenant was a young woman with a child who "worked" as a "dancer" at a club a couple of towns away. She told me she averaged $500 per shift and worked 4 shifts a week. That amounts to over $100,000 per year in tax free money. Naturally, like most of the "Girls" she worked with Section 8 housing paid her rent. Yes, I reported it to the Section 8 program but they didn't take any action. (More freeloaders equals job security for the program management)

A van pulled into the driveway delivering a kitchen set and a mattress. The two women in the van explained that they were from Catholic Charities and liked to help people who don't do that well. If they only knew..............