View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #40
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Here's a little story for you dog lovers that are making jokes about eating cats and generally disparaging friends of felines.
About 4 years ago at our home on Collins Brook road in Meredith there was a pack of domestic dogs running loose.......7 or 8 of them. It is very rural there and neighbors pretty much let them run. A few larger dogs but some were just little yappers....unfortunately, when they "pack up" they will run deer or go after other household pets. They came through my yard twice and nearly got one of my coon cats...she barely escaped. I called a few of the neighbors to complain but nothing changed.
Soooooo.......I got out my Mossburg 500 12 ga. and set up plywood target at about 50 yards from my property line where they generally arrive. The object was not to kill them but teach them a lesson. After a couple of test rounds, I saw that the plywood was just dented from the birdshot rounds that I was testing with. A few days later I heard them heading our way and went outside. As they approached the house, I ran outside and they ran when they saw me and I let one go with the 12 ga.
I got them all with one blast. They were ki-yi-yi-ing and snapping at their butts that were stung with the birdshot and guess what?.....never saw them again. Don't mess with my kitties!
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote