Thread: Yellow Perch
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #5
macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
They were never "bountiful" in the Lake, but it seems that there are far fewer now. When I was a kid in the 60s and 70s, you could catch some good-sized yellow perch, and would routinely see large schools of fry. Today, not so much. And the proliferation of these damn red-eyed rock bass can't be good for ANY species. I can't believe how prolific they are. During my July visit, rock bass were pretty much all I caught. My brother has been fishing up there this week, and reports the same. It's a shame that they are focused more on milfoil than on rock bass. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary. We know how testy people can get about rock bass around here.

Just a FYI, and really not to change the focus, however Newfound Lake as pristine as it is, NOW has Rock Bass in it as well. I have spoken to F&G's office and also 3 F&G officers in the field and no one knew about this. And with all of the responses they can't really be bothered by it. So Newfound goes the way of Winni Fishing. It's a shame.
macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links