View Single Post
Old 08-08-2023, 07:31 AM   #4
ishoot308

Thanked 4,953 Times in 1,920 Posts
Default No Issues Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver1111 View Post
Hi All,

Yesterday I was on the lake and noticed that I have no more depth numbers on the chartplotter-zero. No idea how much water is under the boat unless I look at the depth indicator on the Humminbird itself.

The Navionics card I have run since I bought my Humminbird 1197 new in 2009 along with this specific SD card worked like a champ all that time-until yesterday. It also covers a huge area of inland New England waters on one card-nice.

What I have specifically is "Navionics Hot Maps East (MSD/HM-E)".

Navionics told me this morning that they don't know why this happened (I don't believe them) but it could be the Humminbird (I don't believe them) or "other" reason.

He further stated that on some of the SD cards sold, they cut you off after a period of time by no longer providing depths "for the user's protection". Really? Again-let me be kind here-I did not believe them. What a load...

Shocking I know, their "solution" to this problem is to buy another card for $150.

It's this kind of marketing treachery that really aggravates me. Had they told me when I bought it it has a timer of sorts in it that will remove depth numbers I would not have bought it from them.

So I would like to ask-who uses what Make chartplotter cards that cover all of New England? Had any ugly surprises with it?

Any help is appreciated because at the moment I have no reason to buy again from them. Maybe I will maybe I won't but for now they lost me as a customer.

Thanks.
I have the exact same map / card and no issues have appeared yet. Bought my card about the same time you did...

Dan