View Single Post
Old 07-28-2022, 01:26 AM   #18
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

For some closure here: I ended up installing Tie Down Engineering's "Bunk Glide-ons" purchased from eBay for $55 shipped. One box comes with 4 pieces, which allowed me to put one on the bottom of each bunk of my double trailer, keeping carpet on the top sections. This is a suggestion in the manual to keep a bit of grip.

They work perfectly and, because they're "self-aligning," help to keep the skis from loading crooked. They are much easier to slide the skis off and on, even without a ton of water.

It was very good timing, as well, since one of the bunks was rotted away and probably only a short drive from collapsing. I replaced it with a new PT stick and double-checked all the others.

Thanks for the suggestions!

PS In the process of solving this, it was shared with me that there should be a third tiedown when transporting vessels: the standard bow hook, stern hook(s), and a backup bow hook that goes straight down to the trailer (rather than to the roller). Without this, the vessel might have some bounce in the front, potentially causing issues.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote