View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 08:45 AM   #8
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Your going to find all kinds of opinions... here what it comes down to in my mind.... How long do you intended to keep the boat... the the answer to that is 10 years, adding the extras is no big deal .... If you are like others I know, and you will only keep the boat for 2 or 3 years... well just do the math......

While I have heard great things about Ceramic Coatings... I see it as nothing more then a fad, and a way to get people to spend even more money when buying a new vehicle....

My 7 year old truck still beads water on the factory paint... I have done nothing to it..... over all paints, finishes and Gel coats only continue to improve....

Now If I had a 10 year old boat, that I wanted to make shine again, instead of going and trying to buy something new... I would bring it down to John Spooner, and ask him to do what he can do.....

As my boats are both 20 year old, I do what I can do.... when I decided things need to look a little better, I use oxidation remover, and then a nice polish... brings things back to life... and costs me far less.... But then again, while I don't live on the Wal-mart side of the lake, I also don't need to have shiny sparkly boats and cars, I by them and use them, they should look used when I am done with them....