Thread: Forum names
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 03:56 AM   #111
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
So folks, people presumably know APS, Top Water, ishoot308, others and their absence has had an adverse impact on the Forum because of maybe some snarky comment. Very unfortunate. But I tend to think that maybe there needs to be some outreach to these folks and see if we can get them back. Loosing all those historical pictures just impacts so many historically interested people.

Here's the challenge..... Somehow, maybe people can make an outreach to these folks and ask them to reconsider a return ASAP. "Life it too short but it is the longest thing you will ever do". Make the most of it and COME BACK...please !!!!! There can be some real good from this thread on top of the fun of knowing what the background was for name creation!!
Don't forget Hillcountry, Major, Cal Coon, etc.

I've talked to most of these people behind the scenes, and the common tone is that the forum has much more drama than in the past and often loses its way.

I have pointed this out in some posts of my own where people have made an issue out of "offensive" language, "repetitive" posts, etc.

What's worse is that when these things happen, the supporters often remain silent—we saw it with Joey a few weeks ago and I've got PMs from people who have been "with me" but don't post publicly because they don't want to get involved in the drama.

The result for some people, then, is to walk away when the frustration outweighs the value.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote