View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 06:04 AM   #9
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Watching this self-narrated video of an Appalachian Trail thru-hiker named Jim who tested positive for Covid

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXBofV8V218 ..... 6:26 ...... March 21, 2022

Is kind of STUNNING ...... 1st day, March 20 was cough-cough ...... 2nd day, March 21 was hoarse voice ...... 3rd day is tomorrow, Tuesday March 22 is unknown ..... It really stinks when your body lets you down.
On or about April 1, 2022 ....... Jim, trail name JC , wrote in a reply in the comments below his You Tube Video 'AT Day 41':

"Hi Wimhof. I am finally testing negative and feeling generally better although I do not have nearly my normal energy back yet. Now that I know I will not be doing the trail in a straight shot, I am planning to do sections over the next couple of years and to finish it that way. For me, Covid was pretty severe and I am glad that I was able to get off trail quickly and get healthy. I know it has been different for everyone .... I figure my diminishing immunity from the stress of hiking and weight loss along with my age (~60) were factors. Anyway, thanks for asking and for your interest (and anyone else's)!!"