Thread: Boat crash
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 08:17 AM   #158
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Patrol View Post
For the past month Marine Patrol has worked diligently to preserve the physical evidence left behind after this tragic crash. Due to the nature of the incident, unique circumstances and difficult conditions have made this a challenge.

Unfortunately, our society too often demands immediate answers, instant gratification, and timely rewards. If not provided...someone's not doing their job or there is a cover-up in progress! Folks, sometimes things take more time than we all can control.

Many people have offered their thoughts and theories as to the events of November 9th. Faulty GPS, medical conditions, paths of travel, lights, angles, etc., etc. Public speculation has served no purpose in this case. However, it has left loved ones seeking answers to questions that are based solely on ignorant, uninformed statements.

From the inception of this forum I have restrained from commenting on topics related to Marine Patrol as doing so would have only served to fuel meaningless (to me) debate. This case is different. Tonight I must say some of this debate has only served to hurt others. We are trying to get answers for two grieving families. I recognize this forum is the place to exchange ideas, opinions, and even theories related to boating accidents. However, in this case, the genuine intent of some authors has result in unintended reactions.

So moving forward, I ask you to consider calling Marine Patrol if you have FACTUAL information, information specific to the boat occupants, or the boats themselves. That is what will help investigators and the families. Ignorant theories based upon assumed facts serves no legitimate purpose...and in this case, has brought unnecessary pain on to others.

I can assure you that Marine Patrol has remained in contact with the Hanson and Lyon families throughout this investigation. Our highly trained investigators are committed to finding and providing as many answers as the evidence can offer.

For those of you who may have taken offense to my comments, feel free to contact me directly at 227-2110. My plea was not intended to offend you, it was intended to protect those who are grieving.

Thank you,

Tim Dunleavy
Marine Patrol Captain

Curious as to why Marine Patrol felt it necessary to speak up in this particular instance. Where were you when the Diamond Island accident occurred as there were far more pages upon pages of speculation here in this forum than in this instance. There were deaths and grieving families in that accident as well....why the double standard??