View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 08:14 AM   #23
marinewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
We haven’t seen lobster on local menus since last summer, when Woodshed had a 2 lobster entree special, which I split with a friend. Wine’ing Butcher sells lobster meat by the pound.
BTW, I hope the OP will let us know where the special birthday dinner took place and how it rated. 🎂
Well, readers, thank you for all of your wonderful suggestions. I intend to try all of them throughout the year, and will report back.

I made a phone call to Lakehouse Grille in Meredith requesting a window seat for the view, and my name was put on a list. Luckily, the 22 mile drive was a breeze and I arrived in 38 minutes getting a terrific table overlooking the lake.

We ordered Lobster Corn Chowder, Short Rib Nachos, Haddock in a lobster sherry sauce, and the special, which was grilled Salmon over arugula. They offered warm rolls with Assiago cheese, and gave us a plate of dark chocolate shavings for dessert since we were too full to order anything else after dinner. The portions were very generous.

Our server was wonderful, a student from Romania on his 2nd year working there, who was attentive and got me the chef's ingredients for the potatoes my husband had that I'd requested on top of everything else.

The restaurant, for anyone who hasn't been, is visually beautiful, wood beams, logs, fireplaces everywhere, super decor, a gorgeous bar, and the views are very nice.

The bill, with 3 drinks, came to $97.00 before the tip.

Some people wore jeans, others were in more upscale casual attire, but it was a comfortable place that I would return to with out of town guests for the ambience and food.

As an aside, I was told by an employee that the property was sold last year to the Marriotts.

Again, I truly appreciate everyone's input and will get to all of them- Thanks!
marinewife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marinewife For This Useful Post: