View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 09:58 AM   #90
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Owen View Post
no and wrong.

i asked and re-asked. Seth kassels said it twice and i was shocked. He said “as many as 300” might be there and 8 am till 10 pm as this is a big attraction and very big part of the camp. My initial concern was with pot smoking councilors and guns. He flatly refused drug testing. We smell the pot. I went to college and it was on the unh campus but not around guns or people resosible for young children
First off they are not going to be shooting guns at 10pm....And they certainly are not going to have 300 there at once. 300 campers on the entire property yes, but not all at the range. Total drama Randy....And as far as the counselors smoking pot, who doesn't these days (well actually I don't so exclude me from that statement)? Was the camp even in session this past year? I doubt it. Lawrence and Nokomis were not.

Like Maxum above, I have been an islander for many years and live in close proximity to 2 camps. I can see the Camp Lawrence dock from my front door. For years I was on Mark, across from their beach. I could hear their rifle range daily, and honestly hardly ever even thought about it. Hearing that they are converting to air rifles makes it even less of a nuisance. I can guarantee that although Lawrence probably has a larger census, there was never 300 kids at the range. The campers are broken up into groups and circulating through different activities all day long.

Not sure what you hope to gain by pleading your case here. Nobody has any say or control over this. I see 3 options available to you:

1.Lawyer up, spend the money and fight them if you believe that you have been wronged.
2. Find a way to coexist and stop the drama.
3. Sell and move on.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post: