Thread: Bad fuel oil?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #29
swnoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCC View Post
Yes, it's a Riello burner. Would you please explain what the "cad" is (my knowledge is very limited).

We have Eastern, and I've been reluctant to mention that because we've been very satisfied with them for the past four years. I'd hate for a comment of mine on the web to tarnish the reputation of what seems to be a very good company.

When the tech was here last month I believe he checked the filter at the tank (it was new in November) and drew some oil from the pipe at the burner. The oil was clear and a normal color - nothing like the stuff on the WBZ clip. Eastern has recently switched to low sulfur oil as is now required for all NH oil sellers.

We're expecting the boiler tech within the next couple of hours. I'll post what he finds.
That is a device that senses the flame and allows the unit to continue to operate. Your symptom of going off and on continuously leads me to believe it's NOT an oil issue but a hardware issue. Hopefully you'll have someone who is familiar with a Riello burner. Keep us informed.
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote