Thread: Bad fuel oil?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 11:47 AM   #16
tummyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Last time I looked, the plumbing dept at Lakeport Hdwe in Laconia had a light green metal display tray of burner nozzles with different size spray apertures that thread on for something like $6.95ea, if you just want to undo the old nozzle and replace it yourself with an adjustable wrench.

The nozzle hole is extremely small, and will atomize and spray a fine mist of atomized fuel oil at 150-psi pressure, pumped by oil pump, so oil from cook'n french fries is thicker than oil from distilled crude oil and needs a slightly larger diameter to spray out, good.
Bad advice.....the burners are rated for a specific nozzle GPH size. I would never fool with this. Leave it to knowledgable service folks, not off handed suggestions on a blog by unqualified people. Why would you go from say a nozzle rated at 3/4 gallons per hour to one rated at 1 gallon an hour, unless you like increasing your fuel consumption by 33% just because of a failed light? Just outright bad advice. Call you service folks and request their best technician. Then have them check or replace the CAD cell, check the pump pressure, the pump screens, the fuel filters, the fuel/air mixture, and consider the Tiger Loop install anyway to get rid of the bubbles. Interesting the problem seems to occur after a fill, which leads me to the bubbles issue. Have them do a smoke efficiency test using a digital meter, not the old paper crap. But do not try and service the thing yourself. If the house blows up, try explaining the blog advice of changing a nozzle to the insurance folks. Let us know how that goes !!!!!!!!

Last edited by tummyman; 02-21-2019 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Spelling error...can't type for beans !
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote