Thread: Bad fuel oil?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 10:21 PM   #7
Charlie T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCC View Post
Our home is heated by an oil/baseboard hot water system. The Buderus boiler has been serviced annually by our oil provider since we bought the house and is reportedly in good condition.

It was working normally until about two hours after our January oil fill when it began starting and stopping repeatedly every few seconds. I called the oil company and they promptly sent a service technician out. After several hours (and just under $300) later, the tech had it working normally. He had decided that the mixture was set too lean.

Fast forward to the February oil fill. Within two hours of the fill, the boiler was again starting and stopping repeatedly every few seconds. We have the tech coming back, but I'm wondering if there might be a problem with the heating oil itself.

Is anyone else in the area experiencing similar problems?
Interesting. I had a new Buderus oil boiler installed in the fall at the cabin. It has been fine until it shut off overnight on Feb 6/7th. I got a oil delivery on Feb 6 from Eastern. The installer of the unit couldn't find a good reason for the burner to have stopped firing when they came for a service call.
Who is your oil provider?
Charlie T is offline   Reply With Quote