View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 03:00 AM   #17
CooperS7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
If I was worried about the person inspecting my car, I'd plan to leave it there for a few days after the inspection. That way, the virus critters would expire and the car would be safe again. Did you know that you can get your car inspected up to three months in advance? Plenty of time to make a plan to let it sit.
The law actually reads "If the month in which the anniversary of the owner's birth occurs will be one of the next 4 months, an inspection sticker may be issued, with an expiration date of the birth month in the following year..."

Furthermore, you have 10 days from the last day of your birth month to have the vehicle inspected. So technically, you can have your car inspected over 5 months earlier than required by law, and that inspection sticker would maintain validity for the next ~17 months.

For example, my birthday is in August, so legally my vehicles need to be inspected before 10-September of any given year. If I want to have the inspection done early this year, I could bring them in as soon as 1-April-21, leaving me free of vehicle inspections until 10-September-22.

I agree with Lakegeezer 100% in that if COVID is a true concern of yours; find an inspection station that has the space to store it and will allow you to leave it for a few days. You'd be able to pay via phone, and could pick up after whatever period of time in which you feel comfortable has passed. Plan accordingly, and hopefully COVID will no longer be a consideration ~17+ months down the road when you need to have it inspected again.