View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 10:14 AM   #5
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I can't recall MVM listing adding additive as part of the winterization, but if you filled your tank with marine fuel, you've already got additives in it.

I'm always torn by the "store with full tank to prevent moisture" and "store with empty tank and fill with fresh fuel in spring."

I've always done the latter with my seasonal machines and never had a problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Same here. I know it’s good to fill tank to keep water from accumulating but it was just easier to run low and use less stabilizer. My boat was very heavy to pull out with a full tank and I always bought gas at the marina.

All other small engines I don’t bother with stabilizer. Some are over 30 years old and still running fine. Never needed service. Maybe a spark plug once. So I question if stabilizer is even needed in the boat.

I used to fog the boat too and there was controversy on that too and I stopped doing that. Most critical was drain and flush/fill with RV antifreeze. It was a full inboard and it took a good 8 gallons. Never a problem never serviced in 20 years. Boat never left my yard (except when on water).

Last edited by mswlogo; 03-06-2022 at 02:54 PM.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links