View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 02:34 AM   #57
ApS

Default On THE BROADS Side...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracken View Post
I am not sure why there are fewer “For Sale” signs on Rattlesnake, but I do know for sure…The speed limit is NOT the reason.
And the better reason is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
RG and I took a ride around the island Saturday and counted 12 places for sale. I don't have official statistics on what the 10 year average is but this actually seems higher than usual to us.
For sale signs are down (perhaps by half) on the Broads side of Rattlesnake.

I watch there carefully because I get a charge out of watching wind-driven waves and spray and consider the idea of owning there someday. It can be like living on the exciting ocean—without low tide! Yet one can enjoy a quick ride to nearly anywhere else on the lake when it's not rough. I scan that shore on nearly every outing, which I've been doing for as long as I've been afloat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
"...The blue boat seemed to be having some real fun having the lake all to themselves..."
That blue Fountain "fun-boat" only thinks he has the lake to himself. (Check again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671;
"...If I lived on the broads side of Rattlesnake, speeding boats would be the least of my concerns..."
1) But where would speeding boats NOT be the least of your concerns?

2) But maybe you're right:

Broad-side Rattlesnake Island residents have very steep shorelines and are unlikely to be victims of collision injury, damage or fatality: plus, Rattlesnake is an easily-seen island.

Nearby Parker Island is small, yet has a disproportionate number of collisions onto it—one involving a fatality.

3) Why are all these names so readily-linked to tragedy among the speed crowd...on the inland-waters we all wish to protect...?

deTourillon
Cody
Colann
Cameron
Rush
Frisbie
Mastronardi
Gibson
Mineo
Littlefield
Blizzard

Yet all we can recall is "Thorndike" when it comes to non-fatal misadventures with Winnipesaukee's performance boats?

This photo is just one example of serial "Broads" crashes since 2002, has an unknown, un-named "driver", and is not Mr. Thorndike's boat—which is a similar boat that ran onto Parker Island. The scenery includes Mt. Shaw in the background.