View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #54
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Speed Limit is a Waste of Resources

I have been on the lake in many different ways since 1968. I have looked at the speed limit from my perspective as a boater, waterfront homeowner, condo slip owner, commercial property owner and marina owner.
Nothing that the speed limit has done has changed the lake one bit.
First, remember that the marine patrol did not write one speeding ticket all season.
Second, bear in mind that the economy is so far down that a significant number of boats were never put inthe water and a large number of people cut way back on the amount of boating that they did.
Third, the weather in June and July also had a major impact on the amount of boats on the lake for half the summer. I live on a very open part of the lake and I agree that the lake was very quiet this year, but guess what "it's the economy stupid"
As so many on this forum have said: The boaters who do not abide by all of the other rules (especially safe passage) are the problem. It is too bad that the uninformed and cluless continue to cite the speed limit as some great solution, when the enforcement of it would actually use valuable resources needlessly and create more problems than it solves.
Thankfully, the marine patrol had better things to do this year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: