View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 07:19 AM   #21
NHWakesurfer

Another thing to look at for me I don't really like the big two up trail sleds so a great option on Ski-Doo (not sure about others) is a 1+1 seat. Its real easy you can ride it as a one person sled or you can pop the original seat off and slide on this 1 + 1 seat ($900+/- option) with a back, heated hand grips and now you have a 2 up.

If you live near DaSilva's that is a great choice for sales and service. That is where I get all my sleds.

I'd look at a MXZ TNT 900 if you like 4 stroke or the 600 2 stroke (800ETEC is more then you'd need) both great and the weight of the 4 stroke isn't all that much more. Also on the 900 it has some great new features for new riders ECO mode, Standard and sport.

stud the track its a big help as others have said on the ice and cooling. Make sure to get tunnel protectors. DaSilva's did mine but I've heard Mack Studs are good as well.

I know a lot of folks like the longer tracks but I went back to a shortie (120in) due to the twisty trails we have around here. I felt the longer tracks pushed a bit to much in the corners. With that said if I rode up north more or in the mountain powder I'd be on a 154 freeride or summit.

enclosed trailers are more money but they protect from the salt bath on the sleds. If you are not doing a lot of trailering and you can store them inside maybe an open is a good option.

be careful on the lakes you will learn about pressure ridges, slush, drifts, open water in places that don't freeze etc...

Also worth throwing in an emergency kit and a flash light. (turn off the lights in the woods and see how dark it is t try and fix something). Another poster mentioned a tow stap very helpful if you get stuck or break down to be towed out with it but need to learn how to take off the belt.

Also since it sounds like you live on the north end of lake join the Moultonboro snowmobile club they have guided rides almost every Saturday mornings leaving from the VK.

good luck have fun when you get your new sled
NHWakesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NHWakesurfer For This Useful Post: