View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
GTO

Default same position

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan View Post
I've been looking at getting a sled for some time... There are so many options and its a bit overwhelming.

I'm looking for a touring sled for me and my better half that is reliable and sturdy. Something to enjoy, not race around or hotdog with.

Which brands (skidoo,Polaris, Yamaha, artic cat) are known for their touring sleds and which one would be the Cadillac and which one would be the Pinto?

Lastly, does maintance need to be done where you buy it at first or can you go to anyone?

Sorry for the novice question.... Just looking to be pointed in the right direction.

I'm near Moultonborough.... Thx

This was us a few months ago. Same questions. Never been on a trail before, nothing. We ended up getting 2 brand new 2015 Skidoo Grand Touring Ace 600 sleds (see, I even know the lingo now). Got them from DaSilva and were very pleased with them as we ended up getting a lot of gear there also. When we picked up the machines in December, the tech went over them front to back and explained everything really well. We have been out every weekend and are very pleased with our purchase. Being new, I had a lot of questions and reached out to some people here and they have been more than helpful with advice. We were not looking for speed either, just a good comfortable ride, and we got that.