View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #26
Evenstar

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton Bay View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if websites such as this required people to post their real names instead of hiding behind anonymous silly names? I am saddened to think that there are local people hiding behind those goofy names who think and write such cruel thoughts.
Cyberspace allows people to bully and accuse and ...hide. Very sad.
I totally agree with your post. Too many people on forums seem to think that it is ok to treat others badly, because they feel like their true identity will never be known. It is a very sad commentary on our society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Blackdogs View Post
Indignation without specifics? In the absence of specificity, let's start with the first paragraph . . .
Your entire post (and several others) was very objectionable, tasteless, and cruel in so many ways. If you truly do not understand why people are so upset with your posts, I feel very sorry for you.
Quote:
Who here will not visit the site? You know you will view the site yourselves otherwise your comments of indignation would have appeared earlier. Be honest with yourselves and others.
I for one have no desire to "view the site." I'm way too empathic, so going to where this tragedy occurred would be more than I could ever handle.

This is a time for compassion. Period. It is not a time for accusations, speculation, or for sensationalism.