View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Bound to be a mess

With all the schools and business down here in Mass opening back up tomorrow, the rush of vacationers living the north is bound to create some havic with the conditions. Hopefully cool heads will prevail and everyone will stay calm so that all we see are "gentle" skids off the roadway. Having had one black ice incident in my days and going for a hell of a ride I wish it on no one. And there fore also understand where McDude is coming from, it may all look inocent, and indeed no one may be hurt, but for those involved it is a tramatic event. I myself was perfectly physically fine after my merry go round ride, but the EMTs still had me lay down and take a little oxygen after the adrenaline wore off. They said I looked fine when they showed up, but appearently with help there I relaxed, and started to look like I was going to faint. After a few deep breaths of O2 it was off to a hotel for me until I could survey the damage to my truck the next morning......... That night I gained a lot of respect for the Police, Fire, EMT, and Towing company personal..... They all understood I was more pissed at myself then anything, and all did there best to guide me through it.... including driving me to a hotel.