View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 03:40 PM   #8
chasedawg

Default 20 Mile bay and Farm Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizer View Post
Bizer has been in that area on many occasions. In our 25 years of map making, we have never found anything less than eight feet deep in the area. Therefore, there is no blue tint on Bizer's map in that area. Did we miss something?

Bizer has a standing reward of $250 for anyone who can pinpoint the location of a shallow area that Bizer has overlooked. If you can pinpoint any place that is less than six feed deep (at normal fall height) that Bizer has failed to mark with blue tint, you would qualify for this reward. In the past twenty years, Bizer has paid $1250 to those who have helped Bizer to correct and maintain the most accurate map of Lake Winnipesaukee.
I questioned the marker at 20 Mile Bay this Spring. Took depth soundings and it was 8' deep. Probably closer to 6.5' now.

I also reported last Fall on the Western side of Farm Island the water is very shallow with rocks. This is on the West side. Not in the NWZ where there are markers for rocks. Last Fall I was sailing by the island and my keel hit several times. I couldn't believe the large shallow area. And I have been sailing that area for years. But never as close to the the shoreline as I was.
My Cape dory only draws 3'6". My best guess is that some of the rocks are within 150' and others are just beyond 150' from Farm Island shoreline. I will take a GPS sounding and report back.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote