View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 10:19 AM   #24
hd333

I can understand the fear of contracting the virus from contact with people, but for the actual inspection the fear seems a bit irrational.

Since this is an appointment only place make your appointment, tell them you want no contact, ask them where to leave the car, leave the registration and $ on the seat and take a walk. Tell them to leave your receipt/keys on the seat (or wherever you want) with the windows down and you will pick it up when you are ready. I am sure they will accommodate that in these times.

The tech should only be in the vehicle for a few minutes and they should clean it after as a regular course of action. Tech should be masked as well.

This virus is spread through close long term exposure with infected individuals, not from surface contact. But if you want to be extra cautious get some gloves and wipe the car down with Clorox wipes or whatever when you pick it up. The virus won’t be floating around in the air waiting for you....Just don’t pick your nose and eat it on the way home.

Or hold off and risk the ticket. It’s all about which risk you are willing to take. I bet any cop will give you a break if you explain why you don’t have a current inspection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hd333 For This Useful Post: