View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 11:05 AM   #27
castlebreakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterh View Post
The place I bought 7 years ago was in the sellers family for 60 years. Common story of home being passed down and a group of siblings with different financial situations and different interest in lake. Some lived nearby and used a lot, others moved away and did not use much if at all. I have become friendly with the ones who treasured it and they are regular renters. I give them a good rate and I enjoy having them back as I know how much they treasure it. Neighbors house was same situation going back 60 years and it just sold. Hopefully I will be long gone when it comes to that for my place so I won't have to see it go.
This is interesting as this is the scenario that would be great for us if my folks sell the house - we'd love to be able to rent the place moving forward - may I ask if you set up a deal in the contract when you bought the place off them that ensured they'd be able to stay each year as renters? And is it ever annoying for you when you want to go up to your house and can't because they are there (not sure if you rent it out to others as well)? And also if you don't mind me asking - how much of a discount do you give them? Thank you
castlebreakfast is offline   Reply With Quote