View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #17
Charlie T

Default I have to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Winnisquam Marine, Is starting to get too big for their own good. As they gobble up the competition on Winnisquam. However I have never had a gripe with them......

However Electric Blue, you have plenty of blame to lay around. Your mechanic should have realized that he had the wrong parts.

Bottom line this sounds like a rush job from beginning to end....

The mechanic has NO BLAME here. I'm surprised he even agreed to install parts that he didn't provide. That is like going to a restaurant with your own piece of meat and not only complaining because it didn't taste good but trying to hold the restaurant responsible because you gave them a cut of meat that didn't suit your taste!

The bottom line is if you provide your own parts the installer should be absolved of all responsibility for them. If the customer provided parts don't work, you pay the mechanic to install them twice, once for the original installation and once for the reinstallation of the replacement parts.
If customer provided parts fail, the customer pays the mechanic to diagnose the failure and to install new parts.... including the price of the new parts.

The standard in most industries is that the company who does repairs sells you both the labor to do the repair and the parts. The mark up (profit) on the parts sale helps pay for the liability for warranty labor at no charge due to a parts failure. That is just the way it is. Why would you expect the mechanic to do no charge warranty work on something he didn't provide?

CT