View Single Post
Old 06-30-2021, 08:01 AM   #13
chasedawg

Default Accuweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grove84 View Post
I have been searching for an accurate weather app to use while on the lake , could you share what you are using? Having been caught on the lake in bad storms over the past , I’ve seen how quickly conditions can change out there. I’m happy to hear how people responded for these children at risk and agree it shouldn’t happen
I have been using Accuweather and it has been extremely helpful. It is superior to My Radar. Not only does it give accurate radar picture of storms presently but it tracks them for the future for a three hour window. You can see where is coming from; where it is headed over the next 3 hours; it's intensity; and even shows new storms that could pop up during those three hours.

It also gives you choices of looking just at today's weather with amount of rainfall, wind speed during storms and wind speed and direction overall. Or if you want to check hourly temps. Or what the weather statistics for the next 15 days. Even gives you a history of weather for that particular date. But the weather radar is the best feature. It pin points your location and you can see where you are located and can scan out across the country if you so chose to see storm activity across the country.

With the oncoming storm the other evening, it showed we were in the broads and it gave us a three hour window of storm activity. I could judge that we would be in the storm in 45 minutes. We decided to head back to our dock. Cruised back and had the boat secured 15 minutes before the storm arrived. It also forewarns when the rain will start and intensity. You also can have options to layer what you are seeing from satellite visual to standard that forecasts eye path and rainfall amount. Or max winds speeds with gusts.

I'm a Captain and a sailor and I use that app many times a day. I especially like the wind speed and direction. But the radar is best. I just opened it up and noticed we will be getting lite rain in 15 minutes. Nope... just noticed the rain clouds just dissipated. No rain coming now. that is real time.
IMO much superior features than MY Radar
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post: