Thread: Where is PEPPER
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #16
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Folks, I am overwhelmed. Yes, it's been such a very long time since I've been here on the forum. I think often of so many of my special forum friends, and have such wonderful memories of all the wonderful times we've shared. I've been blessed to have found several of my closest forum friends on Facebook, and I'm thankful that I have that connection.

When I went to work for Lowe's it wasn't long before I was promoted to a management position, and with that came frequent 12+ hour days, and a 1 1/2 hour commute each way. I held several positions in several stores before finally returning to the Gilford store for a bit.

We had moved my mother-in-law in with us in 2006, she was 85 and legally blind. As the years went on, she needed more and more care until dementia finally took what was left of her. She lived with us until the last 4 weeks of her life, when her condition warranted hospitalization. As her condition was deteriorating, I made the decision to leave Lowe's and stay home to care for her.

This home care-giving led to yet another life change, and since 2001 we've been providing and adult foster home for individuals with developmental disabilities. I cannot go into the specifics of their conditions, but suffice it to say that my days and nights are very full. This doesn't leave me with much time to be out and about, and despite living right here, my connection to all things Winni Forum has dwindled as my focus is pretty much now on the health and wellness and various needs of the individuals we care for here in our home.

Although that may sound terribly sad, it's actually one of the most rewarding things you could possibly imagine, and my heart is very full. We do take the opportunity to board a cruise ship at least once a year, while respite help come in and take over our responsibilities here in the house. We choose to cruise because it allows us to completely decompress and relax. From time to time we do manage to get out and enjoy a nice lunch or dinner, or spend time with family, but for the most part, home is where we are. As such, you can imagine that our "world" is considerably smaller than it once was and it sort of reaches a point where you don't really feel as though you have anything to contribute to a forum such as this, when your life no longer has much of a connection with all the topics of discussion. So, this is pretty much why I haven't been around.

Please know that so, so, so many of you occupy very special places in my heart, and also that I am humbled by the love. Sending out Pepper hugs to all!!!
Pepper you are a true angel. I thank you for all that you do for those that need the care, respect and love you provide them.