View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #20
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblblkdiam View Post
I live in that general area and I have always used A as a personal rule, but can easily see where there could be confusion. There really should be another buoy across to shore to better define the line if that's the line being enforced.

I find the same confusion in Meredith Bay. Rather than the NWZ being across the bay, it's at some weird angle which leaves a lot of gray area. I just slow down at the first buoy near Meredith marina, but this could also be better designed.
I rarely travel up to the Long Island bridge but when I have in the past, I generally use C, IF THERE'S NO OTHER TRAFFIC. If there's traffic, I slow down as necessary. My reasoning is since there's no other buoy to draw an imaginary line, C is parallel to the bridge. My wife prefers to use B since that's closest to north on the compass.

As for Meredith Bay, there's no gray area; I don't understand why people make it more difficult than it is. It's easy, there are at least 3 buoys marking the beginning of the NWZ; locate any two buoys and imagine the line connecting them. Once I cross that line, I'm in the NWZ. Simple!

When in doubt, calll the MP, that's what they are there for!
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote