View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
4Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
I guess the scale is throwing me. I can't see how a boat coming from say Braun Bay to the marina pictured, would have to slow down until 150' from the marina. If they where near the north side of the channel they are more than 500' from the marker at line 'C' and more than 500' from the marina. How would someone know? What reading of the rule tell me to connect the line from the bouy to that shore instead of the shore closer to the bridge?

I guess I'll have to take a ride over and look, maybe it's more obvious in real life. It seems like a recipe for a lot of angry people. People yelling at people for breaking a rule they don't know they are breaking. And others taking advantage of the ambiguity to cheat the line.

There are lot of misconceptions about NWZ bouys out there.
I have gone through there countless times and never encountered an angry person. I have also never encountered someone on plane after point A. Lots of people going 8-9 mph but they really don't understand no wake anyway.... Like Dave R said Point A is really the only courtious spot to slow anyway.

depasseg, have you had a problem there?
4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4Fun For This Useful Post: